Terms & Conditions
1. Booking a place at Camp or Bliss Camp
You are about to make a booking for a place at a Devon Christian Youth Camps (DCYC) activity.
By making a booking you are also agreeing to the following terms and conditions. We've tried to make them as easy to understand as possible but if you have any questions or concerns please email [email protected] for help. Once your booking is made, it is your responsibility to keep your details secure.
2. Booking deadlines
DCYC might offer a discount on the full booking fee if you book before a certain date. We call these booking deadlines. For our summer activities there are two booking deadlines per year, one at the end of January and one at the end of April. The exact date varies from year to year. These deadlines will be advertised in advance. To qualify for the discount you must book and pay in full before the advertised deadline date. If you only pay a deposit before the deadline, this will not secure a discount.
For any Camp booked within 60 days prior to the camp start date full payment is required at the time of booking. Bookings will close 4 weeks prior to the start of the particular camp.
3. Paying for your place
The balance needs to be paid by 30th June. Please note that we will endeavour to send balance reminders to you.
• NB We regret that American Express is not accepted at the time of booking we will require your:
• card number and security code
• expiry date
• cardholder’s name & address if different from the lead name on booking.
Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to DCYC. and sent to Mrs M Wills, Trevorder, Blackhorse, Exeter, EX5 2FT. We do not accept cash. We are sorry but post-dated cheques cannot be accepted.
If you wish to cancel your booking you may do so at any time, however you will not be refunded the deposit amount unless in special circumstances.
5. Camp rules
There are upper and lower age limits at each of our Camps.
The rules for our summer events are available on our website. Each DCYC team are there to ensure that these rules are followed for the good of all and may ask you to change your behaviour, especially if they think there is a risk to other people.
If you do not comply with the Camp rules, and following a conversation with your Parent/Guardian the DCYC team may ask you to leave the site.
6. Photography and media
By attending a DCYC Camp you agree that your image may be captured and used by DCYC. This may be in photographs or other digital media and may be used for promotional materials or other information that we produce.
You can opt out of this by speaking to the photographer or asking us to remove your image by contacting the DCYC manager during the Camp or after it.
7. How we use your data
By 'data' we mean any information about yourself or others that you enter into our online booking system. We store some data to help us contact you in future years.
We will use your information in the following ways:
- To support you while you make your booking and help you to make any changes (e.g. request a refund)
- To send you important notices about your bookings (e.g. joining instructions)
- To make sure you continue to receive information about future DCYC activities.
We will not pass on your details to any third parties. This means only DCYC can see and use the contact information that we store. We will not send you marketing or advertising material but we will send you important information about any activity you book into.
You can have your information removed from our system, or unsubscribe from any mailing or information we send you, at any time.
To do this please email [email protected] with a request. We will aim to act on your request as soon as possible after receiving it.
DCYC endeavours to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998, and the 8 principles of data protection, which are that information must be:
- Processed fairly and securely
- Processed for only one or more specified and lawful purpose
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive for these purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date. Our delegates have the right to have any inaccurate data destroyed if the personal information is inaccurate to any matter of fact
- Not kept for longer than is necessary for the purposes it is being processed
- Processed within the rights of the individuals - this includes the right to be informed of all the information help about them, to prevent processing of their personal information for marketing purposes, and to compensation if they can prove they have been damaged by a data controller's non-compliance with the act
- Secured against accidental loss, destruction or damage and against unauthorised or unlawful processing.
- Not transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area that does not have adequate protection for individual's personal information.
8. DCYC’s liability
We put as much information as we can on our website for information and guidance but we can't guarantee that the information is always accurate or up to date. The website and anything we describe on it may change without notice, including camps that you book into. We will not be liable for any damage or loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of using our website.
We do not guarantee that the web site will be compatible with all hardware and software which you may be using to access the site. We will not be liable for damage (e.g. computer viruses) to your computer or other property as the result of your use of this website. The website, its design, layout, look, appearance and graphics is our property. Because of copyright you may only download, print, or copy any part of the website for personal use.
9. Website problems
Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to www.dcyc.org.uk we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
10. Changes to these terms
These terms and conditions may be changed from time to time to keep up to date with our policies. Please ensure that you review them each time you make a booking as each time you book you agree to the terms and conditions.
11. Being a DCYC leader
In order for you to join a leadership team at DCYC we will require extra information about you. The first step is to complete the online application process, which includes:
- Self disclosure questions, where you must truthfully disclose any relevant information about yourself as directed.
- Child protection questions, where you must agree to follow our child protection guidelines.
There will be subsequent steps to your application that includes a reference from your church leader so please ensure that you give accurate and up to date information in the reference section about the leader of your church. You will also be asked to complete a DBS (formerly CRB) check. The check will disclose to us and to yourself whether you have any notes on your criminal record that relate to working with children or young people.
These terms and conditions are up to date as at September 2013 and are reviewed regularly.